Digital signage involves the use of electronic displays to convey information to visitors or staff. Visual content is deployed to one or more screens via a centrally controlled distribution platform. The potential applications are endless, allowing you to design a customised solution that’s catered to your business.
Common uses include promotional screens, wayfinding solutions, interactive kiosks, digital menu boards, safety signage, and video walls. Digital signage allows you to transform your business, utilising dynamic digital content to enhance your brand and engage audiences. You can create interactive experiences that will keep visitors coming back.
What’s more, digital signage can be applied in almost every environment across a variety of industries. It’s the perfect fit for lobbies, waiting rooms, product displays, check-outs, shop windows, public areas, libraries, gymnasiums and more.
There are so many benefits to using digital signage. Get creative with your content and utilise animation, video and HTML to command attention. Here are just a few ways digital signage can help enhance your business:
- Capture attention and minimise perceived wait times - By leveraging motion on your screens, it’s easy to capture the attention of passers-by and you can expect a much higher retention rate when compared to static signage. Whether you want your audience to remember essential safety information, or if you’re looking to increase sales, digital signage is the best way to get your message across. Digital signage has also been proven to minimise perceived wait times at check-outs, significantly enhancing the customer experience.
- Easy updates - Updating your digital signage network is easy. No need to pay for any more costly reprints. Simply log on to a web browser and change your content with the click of a button. You can schedule promotions and events in advance, and manage all of your screens remotely. Whether you have a single site or many, digital signage solutions can be scaled to suit your needs.
- Utilise Interactivity - Create interactive experiences that engage audiences. The only limit is your imagination. Install interactive touch screens, utilise triggers and motion tracking, integrate social media or even develop a mobile app that interacts with your in-store signage. Technology is constantly evolving and creating an interactive experience in your store is easier and more affordable than ever before.
At Signspace, we want to make digital signage solutions accessible for every business owner. Before you get started it’s important to have an understanding of the basics. Digital signage solutions typically consist of four elements: screens, media, players, software, and mounting solutions.
- Commercial Displays - Choosing the right display for your solution is essential in visualising your content and connecting with audiences. It’s important to note that different screens are designed for different purposes. For example, high brightness screens are designed to work better in high ambient light or as a window display. If you’re planning an interactive solution, you likely want to look at touch screens. If you’re creating a video wall, there are purpose-fit panels with ultra-thin bezels.
- Media Players - Media players are hardware devices designed specifically for displaying content on digital signage in commercial environments, delivering reliability in critical scenarios. If you’re planning to run more intensive content with hi-res video or HTML, you may require a media player with more processing power.
- Software - A Content Management System (CMS) is a computer application allows you to schedule, deploy, and manage content across one or more digital displays. This software is usually installed on a media player and managed remotely via a web browser on your computer.
- Mounting Solutions - We offer a variety of mounting options including floor and wall mounts as well as specialised solutions for menu boards and video walls.
It’s always beneficial to create a digital signage strategy so that you can determine your requirements before you shop. Don’t forget to check out our free Buying Guide. We give you some handy tips and go into a little more detail on each element of creating a digital signage network.
If you have any questions about digital signage we’re always here to help. Don’t hesitate to get in touch.